On November 18th, the first chapter of Eila Corbin’s journey entered the world, resembling only the barest fragments of its original, oral tale shared between a wordsmith (Demers) and a tale spinner (Wood).
Eila Corbin, a modern-day university student, is pulled into a fantastical future where magic and technology are at odds, and mythical beings live among the mundane. While Eila avoids the deadly hands that brought her through time, she finds help from a dwarf, a dragon, and a love that cannot return with her.
The Grasp of Time is the first volume in the new-adult slipstream series, Amakai. This series is linked to coloring pages and invites readers to interact with the story.
The Grasp of Time is available for purchase in print on Amazon, and on Kindle and Nook. The book features eight coloring pages by Emily P. Fuller, cover illustration by Natasha Swan, and editing by Ellen Klowden.
If you enjoy a musical pairing with your reading, we’ve assembled a mix tape “soundtrack” to listen to while devouring The Grasp of Time.
- Ordinary World by Duran Duran
- Slavery and Suffering by Red Army Choir
- Saturn, Bringer of Old Age by Gustav Holst
- The Ramblin’ Rover by Silly Wizard
- Nuages Gris by Liszt
- Young Offender by New Order
- Dissolved Girl by Massive Attack
- Skin by Madonna
- The Beast by Concrete Blonde
- Hotel by Tori Amos
- Life in Mono by Mono
- Vanilla by Gackt
- Enough by Gravity Kills
- Major Tom (in German)
- Frosti by Bjork
- Dream Set by The Wicked Tinkers
- Take Me On by a-ha
- Donald McGillavry by Silly Wizard
- Take the A Train by Duke Ellington
- Opium by Emilie Simon
- Charlene by Bjork
- Wrong by Depeche Mode
- Come Undone by Duran Duran
- Lacrimosa by Mozart
- I Remember by deadmau5 & Kaskade
- To Dream Away by Numantra
- Konaprivade by Vladimir Vysotsky
- Joga by Bjork
- Take On Me by a-ha
- Ever So Lonely / Eyes / Ocean by Sheila Chandra
- A Thousand Years by Sting
- Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens
- Ebla by E.S. Posthumus
- Home by Depeche Mode
- Bones by MsMr
- Roads by Portishead
- Time by David Bowie
- Prima Nocta by Serge and Francoise Goddeeris
- Into Dust by Mazzy Star
- Thinking About Tomorrow by Beth Orton
Robin and Raven own none of the songs or their corresponding videos and encourage you to seek out the artists you enjoy to purchase their albums to help support their art, as you’ve helped support ours.
The cover art (by Natasha Swan) and coloring pages (by Emily P. Fuller) of The Grasp of Time are uploaded on the site, ready for viewing under “Multimedia” on the menu above. This includes a preview of all of the coloring pages, and a link to a free page ready to print and color.